5.18.2010

Natural Light

What do you do to destress? Last week I was feeling a little burnt out (no pun intended), and just dying to crawl home, crack open a bottle of vino, and light it up. Candles, that is. Here's my round up of candles I love:

Further Candle.
Further products are amazing because they're made from purified waste grease from Mario Batali's MOZZA Restaurant. Mozza even carries Further soaps in their restroom. The scent is derived from essential oils of bergamot, olive, and exotic grasses.Baxter of California.
I picked this candle up at the Mohawk General Store while shopping for my boyfriend. Baxter is a men's grooming line but who says that a woman can't appreciate good packaging and design? Black dots are silk-screened all over the glass that are revealed as the black wax burns a bouquet of Jasmin noir.
Ikea Mjallby.
These ultra cute candles from Ikea complement the dot motif of my Baxter candle, and they're only $3 each. So you can buy a handful without feeling bad, and place them all over your space.
APC.
I don't own any APC candles yet, but these are on my list to purchase. They remind me of the modern, affordable version of Dyptique candles. I love Dyptique candles also, but their pricetag is not within my realm of possibility at the moment!

P.S. I'm feeling much more refreshed this week after a little r&r (rest & relaxation), and some c&c (candles & cuisine!)

4 comments:

Patricia Ann said...

There was actually a candle from IKEA that smells ridiculously amazing - surprisingly. I'd usually expect places like that to only have vanilla, apple, or some baked good that comes off too chemical or lab-like instead of that smell you would find in your kitchen.

I'd light it up more often if I wasn't so damn paranoid about the place burning to the ground. :( But I'm definitely with you on the wine!

Patricia Ann
www.theshapesofthings.com

Patricia Ann said...

There was actually a candle from IKEA that smells ridiculously amazing - surprisingly. I'd usually expect places like that to only have vanilla, apple, or some baked good that comes off too chemical or lab-like instead of that smell you would find in your kitchen.

I'd light it up more often if I wasn't so damn paranoid about the place burning to the ground. :( But I'm definitely with you on the wine!

Patricia Ann
www.theshapesofthings.com

Patricia Ann said...

To tell you the truth, it is and it isn't. I tend to disappear in and out of the blogging world depending on how inspired I am, usually it has something to do with the design of the web site. I try to find ways back to my roots and then a revamp is done and then all of a sudden, I'm posting constantly. I sure hope it stays this way. :)

Patricia Ann
www.theshapesofthings.com

InnyVinny said...

Best candle I've ever had came from New High Mart. Forgot the scent, but it was some citrus something or other. GLORIOUS. That and a hot bath = ultimate relaxation.