1.11.2012

So Super Boursin, Pancetta, and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken

One of my new year's resolutions is to stop playing around and learn how to cook ONCE AND FOR ALL. What that means is that if I'm going to learn how to cook, you're all coming with me. I'm going to document this culinary journey whether you like it or not. I'm making my friends cook with me, and I'm forcing people to eat what I make. Are we clear? Good, let's continue. :)

I've been prowling around the internet looking for recipes...some of my favorite fashion haunts like Because I'm Addicted and Milk and Mode have strong culinary content, and I've made some new discoveries like So Delushious (Okay how cute is Chrissy Teigen, I mean really.)

Since I'm always either in the middle of breaking one diet or about to start a new one, I've been looking at low-carb recipes, and I found a good recipe for stuffed chicken on the aforementioned So Delushious blog of Chrissy Teigen. I modified it a bit, replacing the bacon strips with pancetta and diced mushrooms. Also this recipe yields 4 servings instead of 2. Check out my recipe below, and be sure to check out Chrissy's here.

So Super Boursin, Pancetta, and Mushroom Stuffed Chicken

Ingredients:
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 pkg. Boursin cheese
1 pkg. Pancetta
8 slices prosciutto
10-12 crimini mushrooms
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and pepper
2 cups chicken stock
10-12 cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

Other stuff needed:
1 Deep pan
Metal spatula or meat tenderizer
Saran wrap

So. First, pour yourself a glass a wine, because we're about to cook and we need to get through this.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Now lightly oil the bottom of a deep pan. Okay. Onto the chicken. Rinse the chicken breasts, then place one piece of the chicken breast on top of a piece of Saran wrap. Cover it with another piece of Saran wrap and pound it lightly with the back of a metal spatula to make it super thin and flat. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Once that's done, spread the Boursin cheese generously onto the chicken breasts. Sprinkle pancetta and mushrooms over the Boursin cheese.
Now, roll from the short side in. Wrap two pieces of prosciutto around each chicken roll, making sure not to overlap too much. Place into lightly greased pan. Season with lemon, salt and pepper. Check out my sous chef in action! Lemoning (yes I've decided this is a verb) the chicken rolls! From my experience cooking (all 5 minutes of it), I've found that it's helpful to have a capable sous chef. It also helps if he/she is really cute.
Okay good! Almost there! Pour the chicken stock into the bottom of the pan and drop in your cherry tomatoes. Place the pan on the middle rack and bake for 55 minutes.
Spoon the stock over the chicken every 10-15 minutes.
And 55 minutes later, boom. Check these bad boys out!
The chicken, while low in carbs, is pretty hearty, so I think it's best served with veggies. I made a spinach/arugula salad to go with it.
We did it! The chicken tasted good and we're all still alive! Yayyyy more adventures to come soon.

6 comments:

adrienne robbins said...

that is some sexy chicken. <3

Unknown said...

That looks delicious! :) lol ... I'm laughing at Adrienne Robbins' comment lol "sexy chicken"

Unknown said...

holy crap that looks delicious. good luck with your new year's resolution :)

Anonymous said...

what dressing did you use for your salad?

samantha duenas said...

Re: Salad Dressing

My go-to dressing is olive oil, lemon, sea salt, and pepper. It's simple and light without compromising flavor!

Natalie (NJ in L.A.) said...

Keep up the great work you domestic goddess you!